Ever since you were barely one saying "baby" "ball" or "mommy" I've been mesmerized by the words you say. Your vocabulary continues to grow, saying words like "frustrated" and "terrifying" in the correct context. I decided many months ago to write down some of the funny things you say, because I know that I will miss listening to the amazing things my three year old says and I'll want to remember them always. Here's a short list of my favorites.
February 2012
Pointing to my belly: “baby come out and play!” Looking at
me “I want Baby Gemma to come out and play!”
While Michael was helping her walk up the stairs; Michael:
“Soph use your other leg too” Sophia: “No Daddy that’s dangerous!”
Sophie throwing herself on the floor because I said “no”,
two seconds later she stands up and says with a smile “I’m okay”
March 2012
Explaining to Sophia why I’m upset that the women in front
of us took the last two slices of broccoli pizza: “That sound like a super big
problem!” (from her favorite show Super Why)
At the library, Sophie runs away from me and hides, I tell
her (very sternly) that she can not run and hide: “I’m scared of you!” “I need
a hug”
In the car, she takes my sunglasses after I tell her I need
them back and throws them “I’m a bad girl.”
She walks into my room and sees me in my nightgown looking
very pregnant “Wow mommy you look like a beautiful princess! Show Daddy!”
Telling her it’s time for dinner, “No! I don’t like meat!”
May 2012
I put her in the car crying because she wanted to get in all
by herself, when I went to wipe her snotty nose she said “give me my snot
back!”
Michael put his bike jersey on Soph and she said “this looks
awful!”
June 2012
While reading a book we notice that a page had been
torn. I asked her how this
happened and she said “the monkey did it!”
“You’re my favorite mommy”
“You are my sunshine”
Saying goodbye to her daddy in the morning “Come back soon”
August 2012
Driving through the woods on the way to Deep Creek
S: Look at all these trees! I want to cut them all down!
(a week after
watching the Lorax)
September 2012
Charlie crying: “I think Charlie misses Nana”
Sophie hurts her finger (not a mark) “I need a band-aid”
Me: “after breakfast, do you want a waffle”
S: Yes
I come back to the table
S: Where is it?
Me: It’s cooking
S: You're cooking my band-aid!
October 2012
Crystal putting her to bed “aren’t you going to kiss me
goodnight”
Brushing my hair and putting a bow in it “You look like a
princess!” “Can we fall in love?”
“My birthday is coming soon” me “Not for awhile, you’ll be
4” “I want to be 18!”
November 2012
me: "Wow you're happy"
S: "No, I'm beautiful!"
S: "I want a giraffe pillow pet"
me: "Ok, ask Santa"
S: "Ok, make sure you give him money"
December
Michael giving Sophia a goodbye kiss before going to work
S: "Thanks for all your hard work!"
No comments:
Post a Comment