Dear Charlie -
Although you can only make a few sounds I love to hear you talk because I know exactly what you are saying. Here are two examples:
A few Sundays ago we had family over for dinner. As always you were a sweet, happy, pleasant baby. And as always everyone was holding you. As everyone was leaving, Nana handed you to me. As soon as I had you in my arms you nuzzled you head into my neck and made the most beautiful sound. With that sound you said to me, "I'm so happy that you are holding me, I've missed you." Although it was just some consonants and maybe a vowel thrown together, I knew what you were saying and it made me the happiest girl in the world.
The other day I took you with me to a doctors appointment. As I was laying in the bed you were laying in the stroller next to me but you couldn't see my face. I heard you make a sad moan and I lifted my head and turned to look at you and you make the sweetest little sigh of relief sound like you were saying, "oh there you are!" I did this throughout the whole appointment because not only did I want to make you happy but I also loved to hear you talk!
I love the stories of Charlie's baby talk <3
ReplyDelete