Saturday, March 17, 2012

potty training chapter one

Dear Sophia -

Today I was ready, I was motivated, I was inspired to get you to pee on the potty.  Sure, you've pooped on the potty twice, but that was just because I scooped you up right before you pushed the final push.  Peeing is different, it's more sporadic, it's harder to feel when it's happening.

Today is a beautiful Saturday, Saint Patrick's Day.  Your daddy and I didn't have any plans, nowhere we had to be.  So after we ate our green pancakes I gave you a big cup of juice which you happily drank.  I took off your pull-up, put on your special Belle big girl panties, turned on Super Why and sat you on the potty in front of the TV.  As you got a little antsy I made sure to give you anything you wanted.  A lollipop, it's yours, my phone, here ya go.  There we sat for an hour, you said your butt was starting to hurt so I let you walk around for a few minutes, sit on your daddy's lap, then back on the potty you went. I was exhausted and you were too, your daddy said we could try another day, but I still had hope.  I sat down on the couch for a second and you peed on the floor.

1 comment: