Friday, April 27, 2012

grandma

Dear Sophia -

On Friday April 20th 2012 your grandma passed away. I don't want to go into long details about how it happen or what it was like the days after.  All I want you to know is that she was the most amazing grandmother to you (and mother to your daddy and I, and person in general).  Every Wednesday you would go to her house to play. When we would walk into her house she would say with excitement "Who's here?!" and you would yell back "It's me, Phia!".  You loved playing with her because she was always filled with so much love and joy.  You would play with puzzles, read books, do art projects, play outside (even if it was raining, you would jump in the puddles) and play computer games.  When you would get home you would have new art projects or computer printouts of your favorite characters and a list for me of everything you did and how you ate and slept (because she knew that I loved having those details).

Although she isn't here anymore, I know she is watching over us with excitement to see you grow and waiting for your baby brother to come.  It's kind of silly really for me to be writing this because I know that you will hear about her everyday.  We will tell you many stories about her and we will make sure that we follow her amazing example as a person, a parent and hopefully one day as a grandparent.


1 comment: