Wednesday, June 13, 2012

big sister (a preview)

Dear Sophia -

I don't know if it's the hormones involved with being 31 weeks pregnant, the fact that you are so loveable, or if it's just a part of being a mom, but when I think of you with your baby brother it makes me want to cry with happiness.

You have been preparing for your baby brother's arrival since we told you he was coming back in December.  But now you are in full swing baby mod.  Here are some of the things you have been doing in preparation.
1. You have been very loving to me and my baby bump.  You hug me more, say you love me more, and somethings (ok once) when I took you to Nana's you told me not to go.
2.  You talk about sharing your toys with your baby brother (unprompted!)
3.  You love to play with his clothes, especially his blankets.
4.  You play baby with your stuffed animals and dolls (you spent a good half an hour reading stories to your stuffed dog wrapped in a blanket)
 Just to name a few......

I guess what I am trying to say is that although the transition will be hard I think you will be an amazing sister because you are so loving and kind, and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment