Dear Sophia -
About 2 weeks ago we noticed that you started to stutter. Now before this day you had very good speech (actually I had you tested through early intervention just to make sure you were hitting all the mile markers and they said you were advanced!) So it came as a big surprise when you started having trouble getting your words out. I talked to a few different speech therapists and of course googled it and it turns out it is pretty common. The best tips that I got were to keep eye contact with you when you are talking to me, repeat what you said in a clear slow voice after you are done talking, and don't try to finish your sentences. This was difficult at times because I knew what you wanted to say and it seemed like it would be so frustrating to you but you didn't seem to mind it. The amazing part was when you were playing by yourself you wouldn't stutter, which I heard was a good sign.
You are stuttering less and less everyday and you continue to amaze me with what you say even if it is in a fit of rage (yesterday I wiped your nose while you were crying because you didn't get your way and you said "Give me my snot back!")
No comments:
Post a Comment