Wednesday, January 9, 2013

love you forever

Dear Sophia and Charlie ~

Yesterday was one of those days that I stopped dead in my tracks and thought "this is everything I have ever wanted!". 

It was almost nap time (I love how you now take an afternoon nap at the same time!), we were in Charlie's room and I was changing him.  Phia, you were looking through all his toys and making a mess like you do, when you picked up the book I got both of you for Christmas "Love you Forever" by Robert Munsch.  You asked in your baby angel voice if we could read it on the rocking chair.  With both of you in my lap I read it.  It is an incredibly cheesy book (did she really just rock a grown man?) but I had the hardest time holding back tears.  I just kept thinking, how did I get so lucky to have two beautiful healthy amazing children!

We then went to your room, Phia, and got you ready for nap.  I put Charlie on the floor (sorry Charlie, until you sit up you're going to have to spend a lot of time there!) and you started to show Charlie how to roll.

As I put you in bed you recited the words from the book, "I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I'm living my MOMMY you'll be" all the while Charlie, you were laying on the floor making your beautiful baby noises and smiling.  It just doesn't get any better.

1 comment:

  1. I love that book (albeit cheesy, agreed!) and I love this blog post <3

    ReplyDelete