Wednesday, January 30, 2013

disney world

Dear Sophia and Charlie ~

Your dad and I have always said that we wouldn't take you to Disney World until you were old enough to remember it, welp last Friday there we were, with a double stroller totting around a 3 year old and a 5 month old.  One of the reasons that we decided to go is that we were going to West Palm Beach for a week with your Pap and Aunt
Sara, Uncle Bill, Mary and Nancy.  West Palm is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Disney and your cousins were spending a few days at Universal and Disney, so we thought, Why not?, we can spend one day and one night in the most magical place on earth.

So since you won't remember it, I'll break it down for you.

We started off early in the morning getting in the van and driving to Disney.  All was going smoothly until you (Soph) said, "mommy my tummy is full", even though you hadn't eaten anything yet, followed by "I'm uncomfortable will you cuddle me".  Your dad and I looked at each other and knew we were in trouble, you were sick!"  We stopped at the next rest stop and I got you Children's Advil and Ritz Crackers.  We gave you the ipad and turned on a movie and hoped for the best.

As we entered the Magic Kingdom you perked up.  I felt better knowing that at least you were still excited.  We got to the room and gave daddy is birthday cards (you are lucky to have a daddy that would spend his 31st birthday in Disney) and headed out to meet your cousins.  You were happy and excited.  It took about half an hour before we finally met up with them and by that time you were fading fast.

Aunt Sara asked if you wanted to ride the Little Mermaid ride and although you looked half asleep I said we should.  After 5 min of waiting in line and you tugging on my leg asking me to hold you, we decided it wasn't a good idea.  10 minutes later you were sleeping in the stoller with a light rain falling on your head.  We decided it was best to go back to our hotel room.




Your daddy and I ordered room service after cleaning up your throw up and putting you to bed.  You (Charlie) were the best baby, happily tagging along with us the entire time.


 After a four hour nap we got you up (Soph) and although you were still a little grumpy we didn't want you to miss your princess makeover with your cousins.

As we walked toward the castle I couldn't help but feel giddy.  I'm not a huge amusement park fan or Disney fan but you can't help but feel like a little kid in Disney.

We arrived at the castle where Mary and Nancy were anxiously awaiting your arrival.  You quickly rushed towards the dresses to decide which princess you were going to dress up to be.  You decided on Princess and the Frog (which made me happy because it was the one dress you didn't have!).  Your fairy godmother took you to the dressing room and with a "bippity boppity boo" she opened the dressing room to show you your outfit.



You were thrilled with the results of your makeover, and who could blame you, you looked like a real princess!



We only had a few hours left before it was going to be bedtime but we got a lot in!  We (Sophie and Mommy) road the tea cups (which were my favorite when I was little), watched an amazing light show on the castle, and had a birthday dinner for daddy.



Although you probably won't remember your first trip to Disney I know that your Daddy and I will never forget it! There is nothing that makes us happier than making you happy and cherishing every moment of your childhood.




No comments:

Post a Comment